Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day Devotional

I'm working from our kitchen table today, but it's not easy to focus. Every so often, I look out the glass sliding doors into our back yard and watch the snow coming down. It really is awe-inspiring to watch as it covers the tree branches with its winsomely white artistry. (Picture at right taken by my wife, Heidi)

I stopped and read Job 37, reflecting on God's power and wonder. Just as Job was encouraged to, "stop and consider the wonderful miracles of God" (v. 14), I stopped to reflect on what God might want to teach me in the snowfall.

"He directs the snow to fall on the earth.... Everyone stops working at such a time so they can recognize his power."
- Job 37:6-7, NLT

I encourage you to stop today and, if it's snowing (or raining or sunny ...) where you are, to recognize God's power. Read all of Job 37 and see what God wants to teach you today.

Thank you, Lord, for the snow today. You are in control over all your creation, over me, over your church, over every little thing that will happen in my day today and over everything in your universe. You, Lord, balance the clouds with wonderful perfection and skill. Help me to continue to recognize you in your creation and as you work in my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!